York Eborators Members Testimonials
- “I went along to a Toastmasters meeting in Leeds to find out what it was all about – my partner was one of the founding members of the club. I expected to go along to one meeting and then go back to enjoying quiet evenings in on my own. I enjoyed it so much I also joined and eventually, along with some other Leeds members, became a founder member of York EbOrators. I remain a member because of the friends I’ve made, the fun I have and the opportunities for my on-going professional development” – Gillian Caldicott.
- “Ten years ago a friend invited me to be involved in starting a Toastmasters club in Leeds. Since then I’ve gone on to become a Distinguished Toastmaster – the highest award you can achieve in Toastmasters International. What have I got from Toastmasters? Brilliant self-development, the ability to communicate so much more clearly, the awareness to give amazing feedback and most of all wonderful friendships. After over ten years of membership I still absolutely love Toastmasters” – Michael J Clarke.
- “Don’t keep facing the fear of speaking, come along and face a warm welcome, incredible support and all the help you need to gain confidence whilst you improve.” Lynn Gregory
- “Relaxed and supportive space to practice public speaking. People will help you appreciate skills you already have and help you grow at your own pace. The group is fun and quirky and we always have a good time.” Mel Marley
- “Through Toastmasters I have developed my communication and leadership skills that have helped me not only professionally but socially as well.I admire the fact that no matter how stressful or challenging my day has been before I arrive at Toastmasters, I always walk out smiling and laughing! And for these reasons I believe I’ll never stop attending Toastmasters!” – Lou Brown
- “I decided to try Toastmasters after a colleague told me how beneficial it had been to them in their career development for confidence in public speaking. After attending a couple of sessions and realising how supportive and helpful all the club members are in developing newcomers, I joined up and am thoroughly enjoying my personal development journey so far – it’s fun, interesting and York EbOrators are a really great bunch of people. I’d heartily recommend to anyone to try it for themselves” – Mrs G.
Toastmasters International Members Testimonials